Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let's see if it can be done!

I just returned from presenting a demonstration at the Ventura (CA) art club. They didn't tell me that I was on for the demonstration until one day before the demo. But remembering what my great art teacher friend,Claude Buck told me his mother said when he suggested doing something irrationale, she would never say "No." Rather, she simply said, "Let's see if it can be done."

Armed with that resolve, I packed the car and drove the 24 miles South. It was a grand experience for all present.

Never fear failure.

In my two recent PBS TV "Painting With Paulson series (#600, which is currently playing across the land, and series #7oo which will be released in April) I feature concocting and completing a painting from small inspirational pieces, called Pochades. No finished painting for me or the viewer to reference as the painting progresses. As a result, it is an absolute, exciting adventure for both of us!

Check out www.pochademagic.com to see some recently completed Pochades.

Are you willing to try???????????????? I hope so

6 Comments:

At January 23, 2008 at 3:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The audience was truly blessed to view your presentation. I am sure that you inspired many. The attitude of 'Let's see what can be done.' has carried you far.
I anxiously await the release of series #700 in DVD format! Thank you for all that you have done for others. May God richly bless you. Kathleen

 
At January 24, 2008 at 4:51 PM , Blogger paintwithbarb said...

I will finally get to meet you in just a few weeks....I don't get to see you on PBS very much here so it will be great to get to paint with ya. Are you bringing any DVD sets with you or which ones do you have available from you?
Barbara Furlong
www.paintwithbarb.com
bfurlong@charter.net

 
At January 25, 2008 at 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buck Paulson is my HERO! He's not only a great oil painting artist, his life and family are works of an even greater art!

I love Buck Paulson!

 
At January 26, 2008 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am blessed with the ability to watch your PBS art shows. I have learned a great deal from your technique and wonder how do you come up with your color combinations. The use of vibrant colors such as yellow greens and voilets to distinguish light differences is amazing. The finished product has such life.

Please do not stop providing us with your inspiration and teaching techniques.You and your show are such an inspiration.

 
At February 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw my first "Painting With Paulson" show and am in awe over Paulson's paintings. My DVR set to record all of his shows! I used to paint ala Bob Ross, but want to learn how to paint like this. The colors are amazing!

 
At March 28, 2008 at 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having had the honor to being in the audience for Buck's last taping and demonstration in Fargo at the PBS station, I can vouch for the great beauty of his paintings. Fantastic!!!! See you this fall, Buck!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home