Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Luck is only a part of it!


I want to tell you about an experience that I had a few years ago. At the time I was working with my son Tim on a joint venture called, "Buck of the Month Club." One of the privileges we offered to our subscribers was a free critique by me (Buck).

I guess because of my astute (my observation) critiques, a good friend and a subscriber to the Club, Mario Simic contacted me to do a little chore for him. Mario is the dynamic owner of the Simic New Renaissance Galleries in several locations of California and Arizona. Mario was having a giant auction of art at the most prestigious hotel in San Diego. The auction was also a benefit for the "Make a Wish Foundation.

Mario asked if I would attend the auction and make comments about each painting before the auctioneer did his "Stuff." It was bound to enhance the value of each piece.
I told him that I would love to do it, but i would be teaching Friday and Saturday in a San Jose, CA workshop.

Mario is a man of action. He made it possible so that I would fly from San Jose after my class on Saturday, take a taxi to the hotel, check into my room, put on the rented Tuxedo, shiny shoes, and begin my night's activities.

It was exciting. It was thrilling, to watch people open their hearts and billfolds for great art, and a great cause!
After the evening's event, I went to my room, tired and yet exhilarated. Then I noticed a problem. I had the side of a little toe aflame with pain. Those fancy shoes were a torture chamber!
I woke up the next morning, lounged around until time to go to the ballroom for an elegant feast before the afternoon's final offerings of art. The room was immaculate in every way and was ready for the throng of kind and benevolent people. Every place setting was a masterpiece in their Emily Post configuration....not a hair out of place.

IN the midst of my mouth "open" awe, I realized that my toe wasn't going to be able to make it. My little toe was absolutely on fire. WHAT TO DO?
Well, for me...it was prayer. I told Heavenly Father that I needed His help!!!!!!!!!!
What happened next was one of the simplest, most surprising events. There in the midst of the absolute perfection I spied something out of place!!!!!!!!! A single band aide was nestled next to the 7th fork in a perfect place setting.

That little band aide saved my day and life.

I know the power of Prayer. I use it every day in my life and art! Try it!

3 Comments:

At January 26, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Dixie@dcrelief said...

Like the sparrows, He takes care of us; even more so. I enjoyed this post.

 
At October 5, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger PestyPenny said...

Buck...I have only just recently discovered your series here in Charlotte NC. Semi-retired, I am now spending some time with the art I love.

Somehow I knew the first time I saw you show that you loved the Lord! It shows in your work. Thank you for sharing your blessing with us {~_~}

 
At February 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Paulson,

your story begs the question.
What exactly is your Baby Toe suffering from?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home