Friday, March 11, 2011

Traveler's Check


Not a very good looking hippy……………….and probably not even a very good imitation of Manny Ramirez, the former Boston Red Sox Slugger. The occasion was a special party at the church and I wanted to go as an imitation of one of my idols.

However when we arrived at the darkened Church parking lot, I took one last look in the rearview mirror and decided not to go ahead with the costume.

There was another time when I wished that I had made a 2nd observation.

This was a few years ago and I was ready to fly to Carson City, Nevada for a three-day workshop. Before I left for the airport, I stopped at the Bank to pick up some American Travelers Checks.

Because of some TV commercials surprising us with whom the writer of the Traveler’s checks were, I decided, “Hay, I am not going to use my real name, but use my Artistic Name. So, I signed each check in the presence of the bank employee with my Buck Paulson signature, and went on my way.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first day of teaching at Carson City. What a nicely run operation. After the class, I had someone drop me off at the 7-11 store where I picked up some needed hygienic supplies of Toothpaste, Shaving equipment, etc.

When I came to pay for them, I pulled out my traveler’s check and proceeded to write a matching Buck Paulson on the dotted line.

I was a bit surprised when the store clerk asked me for my driver’s license. I tried to explain that my real name Donald, which also appeared on the driver’s license, was not what I went by in the art world.

He said, I can’t cash this check as you have a different name on it than is on your driver’s license………..Then his final cutting mark, YOUR “P” ISN’T THE SAME. I wasn’t sure what the other customers were thinking, I had too red of a face to notice.

When I fly these days, my ticket reads, Donald E. Paulson. I am not about to go through any Security points being Buck Paulson………….and, I have also decided not to go through any security systems with my Manny Ramirez disguise.

Hope you have enjoyed a little humor at my expense.

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Dixie@dcrelief said...

That was funny but yipes, what a hassle. Next time... shorten the hair and go as Howard Stern. lol.

 
At February 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo reminded me a a few meth addicts I knew a few years back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home