Wednesday, February 29, 2012



I did a blog last night, then in trying to add a photo, I lost it…………THEN I LOST IT!

I wanted you to know just a few catch up things: I now have my 2012 teaching schedule on the Buck Paulson site.
a. I did teach in Vancouver, WA early in February. What a great job Bev has done for me over MANY years.
We did the painting called “Mood.” That is the one I was trying to add, both to show you one of the paintings taught, then to tell you that I will also teach it in Salt Lake City during the first weekend in May. In Vancouver, as well as Salt Lake City, it will be done as a Two-day 24 x 36 size. Then it will be taught as part of several one day paintings in Louisville, KY; San Jose, CA: Spartanburg, SC; and in St. Charles, IL. So It will be Moody after all of that.

I will be doing another PBS series with Prairie Public TV in October. The one we did last Fall will be out soon………..hopefully by May. That was series 1200. I have about eight DVD’s left of series 1100. They sent me the un-edited DVD’s from the latest series (1200) so that I could list the color notes that would be used to benefit the close caption addition on the DVD’s.

Be sure and check out my Face Book page from time to time as there are a lot of up to date things there………Take a look at my new Baseball Explosion Style.

Many years ago, William Keith, a fine landscape artist, wrote to his students and said to take White off their palettes. Then several weeks later, he said to put it back on. We teachers sometimes go off on a tangent………….I came close to telling my students to dump their brushes……..and just use the knives. But, now, I think that there is room for both. Just make sure that you adhere to good art principles of: Values, composition, color relationships, etc.

I watched a DVD series recently that had 24 lectures on Impressionism. It was very entertaining and educational. Whether you agree with their school or not, you have to admire their stick-to-it attitude. And pick out those things that you can use in your own style.

Bye for now………………Buck

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Dixie@dcrelief said...

I'll have to see when you're in Spartanburg, S.C. Even though I'm in Charlotte, N.C. seeing you teach would be great! Wow, have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home