Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let's Do It Again!

This is a painting called “Oak Park II” I intend to teach it in Salt Lake City the first week in May. You can find exact dates and the person to contact for details by going to my schedule on my web site.

What is interesting about this painting is the similar fate that happens a lot after teaching workshops across the country. I will take home my original, then if the workshop demo (that I complete in the class, while teaching) doesn’t sell, I take it home and work it up further with some added variations.

Well this one was done on Television for series 1000, I think. Anyway, when I brought it home with me, I decided to add the waterfall which wasn’t in the original. I am very pleased with it.

I would assume that is why it is so hard to stop working on a painting as the little muse suggests some other addition to the COMPLETED (?) work.

I have heard it said, that it is better to have a painting a little unfinished, rather than overworked.

I have a couple of paintings that were signed and dated (which I don’t often do) over 20 years ago. On one of them, I liked it as it was, on the other one; I made a few corrections and liked it BETTER.

So my advice to you………………………….is…………whatever works for you!


2 Comments:

At March 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Dixie@dcrelief said...

Oh wow; lovely!

 
At February 27, 2017 at 12:47 AM , Blogger Goatberry said...

I like that wee waterfall.
Are your beginner classes available on DVD?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home